Hope your day is off to a good start!
I have great news to share with you! I'm excited to say that The Upbeat Dad has hit another major milestone! Yesterday, we had our 2,500th hit on the site! Remember, we just launched in October! We literally have readers from every continent except Antarctica! The most recent countries to come onboard are Ukraine, India, Malaysia, Poland, Honk Kong, Sweden, and Thailand!
And it’s not just one time readers. People are reading and coming back, which confirms to me that we’re doing something right – we’ve struck a chord. Thanks to you for tuning in and making it happen! Remember, the sole purpose for our existence is to help fathers to be the best dads for their kids! And in turn, these men will become better husbands and more involved, responsible citizens.
Having said this, I’m pleased to share with you some recent changes to our site. You may notice the obvious difference in the template – new colors and background. But that’s just the start. Let me also say that I don’t believe in change just for the sake of changing. Progressive change that enhances the site and your experience on the site is what we’re about.
Here are the major improvements that we’ve implemented:
· “Check Out Our Most Popular Posts” lists the 5 most read posts on our blog
· “Reactions” Button : You can click “Like” or “More Posts Like This”. This gives you a chance to give instant feedback without necessarily adding a comment
· You Tube Videos on fatherhood embedded within the site. This way you can watch them without leaving the site
· New ways to follow the blog and share what you’ve read by adding the Google Friend Connect icon
· Opportunity to support the Children’s Miracle Network at NO EXPENSE TO READERS! This is particularly exciting! All you do is complete some activities and corporate sponsors will take care of the rest!
Remember, this coming Friday we’re going to post holiday greetings to dads of all types – dads, granddads, uncles, cousins and others - basically, those who have made a difference in our lives. If you haven’t already done so, please submit a greeting – up to 5 sentences – and we’ll accumulate and post them so our dads are encouraged during this holiday season.
Next week, we will resume our regular “Upbeat Dad of the Week” feature where we highlight dads who go above and beyond the call of duty to be there for their kids. Quite a few of you have already nominated your dad or other loved one for this feature. If there’s someone whom you believe should be featured, go ahead and send us that information for consideration.
You can post your correspondence as a Comment here on this post, on our Facebook page or by email: email@example.com.
As I’ve said before, do share The Upbeat Dad with those you know would benefit from the positive message. If you haven’t already done so, please join our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
I hope you share my excitement about all of this! There’s always something fresh and new here and I just know that families are benefiting from our efforts – our children especially. Kudos to you for that!
Now let’s go out and have a great day!
The Upbeat Dad
Post a Comment